2 DAY POWER BI WORKSHOP
Power BI is a game changer and opens the world of analytics to anyone and everyone. Like any tool, to maximise it’s potential, it’s important that you know what the tool can do and how to use it effectively. In the case of Power BI, you need to know the basics of loading data, how to analyse data from multiple sources and how to visualise it to help make the information jump out from the page.
This course is designed to accelerate your Power BI knowledge and experience with a comprehensive training program schedule. It covers all Power BI’s core functionality providing the foundation of knowledge necessary to make the most of your data using Power BI. It is designed for people with little to no previous Power BI experience and will take them to an intermediate level.
"It’s such a great course, hands on, you learn quite quickly.....It’s really cool, I’d definitely recommend it to other people"
- Kajani Sri, Portfolio Risk Analyst
NOW Consulting is a Microsoft Gold Partner. Our trainers all have extensive practical experience with Power BI, they are people who know how to use the tool in real environments, and not just in the training room.
“It’s obvious that there’s a lot of knowledge and expertise there.….I like the amount of hands on stuff that came through the course and I liked that we had expert support there”
- Trudy Barnett, Project Manager
You’ll leave with: -
- Practical, hands-on experience of Power BI
- Knowledge of how to connect, import, and transform data from a variety of sources so you can build real data models and reports
- The ability to customise and share your dashboards and reports with other groups securely inside your organisation
- Understand the best practice principals for creating clear, insightful dashboards
- Analysts preparing data for internal or external stakeholders to drive informed decision making
- Leaders needing to communicate in a data-driven way to their board or peers
- Anyone new to Power BI who wants to how to turn data into easy to interpret insights
We hold courses on a regular basis so please email email@example.com to find out more. We also deliver private or offsite training for customers with larger bookings.
$1,500 per person
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Use the key features of a self-service BI solution
- Import data into Power BI
- Model, shape, and combine data from multiple data sources in order to get a full picture of your business
- Create your own data visualisations
- Know what type of visualisation to use and when, given the information that is to be displayed
- Recognise clutter that doesn’t add value and be comfortable removing visuals that don’t add to the story
- Apply lessons learned to transform a dashboard into an effective visual story