The first NZ RUG!
We’re delighted to announce the first New Zealand RED user-group. The RED User-Group (RUG) is being led by Bruce Cassidy from the University of Auckland. It’s been a long time in coming but it’s finally here and most importantly, it’s community driven. A user-group isn’t really a user-group if it’s run by the vendor so it’s wonderful news for RED users that Bruce has agreed to lead the group. The group will start off with meetings in Auckland however we do plan to expand to cities across New Zealand soon.
How will it work
The RUG will be run quarterly, with the organiser, the content and the contributors of the next event being agreed at the last. It will be run using Meet-Up and you can find the group here. There will be a $5 fee to fund the use of facilities, catering and any other costs. WhereScape and NOW Consulting have offered their facilities and funds and they will be used for the first event and will always be available as a back-up, however feedback from users has been that the RUG should not be reliant on the vendor. The users consulted in the set-up of the group all believed enough users will be able to seek permission from their employers to use their facilities to house the quarterly meetings and that the $5 entry fee will cover all other costs.
Tell me when!
- 5.30 Doors open and networking
- 5.45 Welcome to the first RUG – Steve Dickens - GM Consulting, NOW Consulting, a division of WhereScape (5 mins)
- 5.50 Why we all need a RUG, a large community, many customers and a quick University of Auckland overview/history – Bruce Cassidy - BI Solutions Architect, Auckland University (10 mins)
- 6.00 Our migration to Redshift - Nathan Griffiths – Platform Team Lead, Xero (20 mins)
- 6.20 The latest features of RED & 3D from the recent release – Martin Norgrove – CTO, NOW (30 mins)
- 6.50 A talk about what next? Community driven, not WhereScape. When. Where. Open to the floor/volunteers. – Bruce Cassidy - BI Solutions Architect, Auckland University (20 mins)
- 7.10 Any Other Business
- 7.20 Networking
- 7.30 Finish/go elsewhere for more Networking
Hold on, we don't all live in Auckland
For those of you outside of Auckland, we will be looking for people to help set-up RUG events around the rest of New Zealand. If you’re one of these people, please get in touch with Steve Dickens at firstname.lastname@example.org who is very keen to speak to you to see how WhereScape and NOW Consulting can help.
Would you like to join the RED User Group?
You can join the RUG on the group's meet up pageGo to RUG Meet-Up page